Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro smartphone is also known as Xiaomi Mi 8 Screen Fingerprint. This phone is very similar to the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer. The device comes with a big, tall 6.21 inch Super AMOLED display with FHD (1080p) resolution. It has the iPhone X body design and looks with front & back glass panels. Other highlights of this device include Snapdragon 845 chipset, dual 12MP rear cameras, 20MP selfie camera, and an on-display fingerprint scanner. This device has 6GB & 8GB RAM variants both with 128GB internal storage. It runs on Android Oreo and it is powered by a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Price In Kenya
The price of this smartphone in Kenya is expected to start at KSh. 44,000. We will update the price of this phone as soon as Xiaomi officially launches it in Kenya.
|Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones|
The Key Features Of The Mi 8 Pro
- 6.21-inch display, 1080 pixels by 2248 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo
- Octa Core 2.8GHz processor, Snapdragon 845 chipset
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, MicroSD card not supported
- Back camera: Dual: 12MP (f/1.8, 4-axis OIS, Dual-pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, AF, 2X optical zoom), Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama, 2160p@60fps & 1080p@30/240fps video recording
- Front camera: 20MP, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, USB type-C
- Sensors: Infrared facial recognition, fingerprint(under display), accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass, barometer
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3000mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Pros & Cons
- Big tall Super AMOLED display – The 6.21-inch display offers vibrant picture quality with amazing brightness. The AMOLED display also has good viewing angles is perfect for watching videos, surfing, and gaming.
- Dual SIM – Mi 8 Pro allows the user to have two different SIM cards working in the device at the same time.
- 4G LTE network connectivity – The two SIM slots allow you to connect to 4G networks in Kenya offered by Safaricom, Telkom, etc. The user can also make voice over 4G networks (VoLTE).
- NFC support – This feature facilitates instant wireless payment and sharing of files.
- 8GB RAM – This is a pretty large RAM space that facilitates the smooth running and processing of apps. You should expect no lagging issues.
- 128GB internal storage space.
- Flagship chipset – The phone is powered by the powerful Snapdragon 845 chipset.
- Bluetooth enabled – The feature to connect to nearby Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Thin body design – This phone has a 7.5mm glass body with an aluminum frame. It not only feels premium in the hands, but it is also a phone that is easy to handle.
- Fast charging battery – The 3000mAh battery supports Quick Charge 4.0+ technology.
- High-resolution camera – The device packs a powerful 20MP front camera for selfies and video calls. It has dual 12MP rear cameras with 2-times optical zooming power and it can shoot 4K videos.
- Fingerprint scanner – The sensor is strategically placed under the display. You can always use it to gain access to the phone fast.
- Face ID – The user can also unlock the phone using the phone’s infrared face recognition sensor that works even in pitch darkness.
- GPS enabled – You get accurate geographical data of places of interest. This includes things like directions and distances.
- Wi-Fi enabled – Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro can connect to Wi-Fi networks. The feature can also be configured to become a Wi-Fi hotspot that other devices can connect to.
- Does not have a memory card slot.
- No 3.5mm headphone jack. However, this phone comes with Type-C to 3.5mm jack adapter in the package.
- Non-removable battery
- No FM radio.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Specifications
|Dimensions||154.9mm x 74.8mm x 7.6mm|
|Body Material||Front/back glass|
|SIM||Dual Nano SIM|
|Size||6.21 inch, (83.8% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2248 pixels, 18.7: 9 aspect ratio (402PPI)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845|
|Processor||Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Micro SD Slot||Not supported|
|Back||Dual: 12 Megapixels + 12 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.8, 4-axis OIS, dual-pixel PDAF(12MP) + f/2.4(12MP), dual LED flash, dual-pixel phase detection AF, 2X Optical zoom, touch focus, panorama, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR, 2160p@60fps & 1080p@30/240fps video recording|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS|