Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design has impressive specifications and innovative technology. However, this phone has a huge price tag that make it accessible to a limited number of people. This phone features a 6.39 inch AMOLED display with quad-HD resolution and 538ppi. Mate 20 RS has the same triple rear camera profile like the Huawei Mate 20 X and the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. On the front, there is a 26mm wide 24MP lens that doubles up as a 3D face ID scanner. This device comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB or 512GB internal storage space. Huawei replaces the microSD card with the nano-Memory card. This allows you to expand storage (up to 256GB). Other notable features of the Mate RS Porsche Design include an in-display fingerprint, 4200mAh battery supporting 40W fast charging and Qi wireless charging technology, Android Pie OS and Kirin 980 chipset.
Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design Price In Kenya
The price of this smartphone in Kenya is expected to start at KSh. 200,000. We will update its price as soon as it is available in the country.
|Where To Buy|
The Key Features Of Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- 6.39-inch display, 1440 pixels x 3120 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- Octa Core 2.6GHz Processor, HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset
- 8GB RAM
- 256/512GB internal storage, NM card up to 256GB(uses SIM 2 slot)
- Back camera: Triple: 40MP (f/1.8, 27mm-wide, PDAF/Laser AF) + 20MP (f/2.2, 16mm-ultrawide, PDAF/Laser AF) + 8MP (f/2.4, 80mm-telephoto, 5X-Optical Zoom, OIS, PDAF/Laser AF), dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, Leica Optics, HDR, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS) & 720p@960fps video recording
- Front camera: 24MP, f/2.0, HDR, 26mm-wide, 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, USB 3.1
- Sensors: Face ID, fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 4200mAh battery
Pros & Cons
- Big AMOLED display with sharp contrast – The 6.39-inch display has Quad HD resolution with 538ppi density. This is a very sharp display with impressive brightness and clarity.
- IP68 certified – This phone is dust and waterproof. It can be submerged in water up to 2m deep for 30min without getting damaged.
- Dual SIM support – The Mate 20 RS comes with dual nano SIM slots. This allows you to separate your business life and personal life.
- 4G LTE network support – This network allows faster and better internet connection than 2G and 3G networks. You will also experience quality voice calls over 4G networks (VoLTE) on both SIM slots.
- Fast charging 40W adapter- The technology guarantees 0% to 70% battery charge in just 30 minutes.
- Qi-wireless charging – The phone can be recharged wirelessly.
- Quality camera set-up – Huawei Mate 20 RS sports impressive three camera lenses at the back as the Mate 20 Pro. This phone can shoot 4K videos. The wide-angle 24MP front camera can record full-HD videos.
- Bluetooth enabled – The user can stream audio signals using the phones Bluetooth v5.0. The feature can also be used to share the phone’s internet connection and files.
- Under display fingerprint sensor – The fingerprint sensor is strategically placed under the display. You can use it to unlock the phone fast.
- Facial recognition technology – The user can also opt to use 3D face ID scanner instead of a fingerprint sensor. With this technology, you can unlock the device fast by scanning your face.
- GPS – This feature allows the device to provide real-time information about different places.
- Wi-Fi support – You can connect to Wi-Fi networks in your surroundings. This device can also be configured to act as a hotspot.
- Infrared port – This bluster lets the phone communicate with other devices such as smartphones and household appliances.
- 8GB of RAM – This is a huge RAM which facilitates multitasking and smooth operation.
- 512GB internal storage – The phone comes with massive 512GB internal storage. A 256GB variant is also available at a lower price.
- Nano-memory card slot available – The slot allows the user to expand storage up to 256GB.
- Powered by flagship-grade chipset – The HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset is powerful and energy efficient.
- Android Pie – This is the latest version of the Android OS.
- NFC connectivity.
- No 3.5mm audio connector – However, a 3.5mm adapter is included in the package.
- Non-removable battery.
- High price tag.
- Hybrid slot – The NM card and SIM 2 share the same slot
- No FM radio
Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design Specifications
|Dimensions||157.8mm x 72.3mm x 9.7mm|
|Body Material||Glass front/leather & glass back, Aluminum frame|
|Extras||IP68 certified - dust & splash protection(up to 2 meters for 30minutes)|
|Size||6.39 inch, (87.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1440 pixels x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, 538PPI|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie|
|Chipset||HiSilicon Kirin 980|
|Processor||Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)|
|Card Slot||Yes, up to 256GB-hybrid slot|
|Back||Tripple: 40 Megapixels + 20 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.8 & OIS(40MP), f/1.6(20MP), f/2.4(8MP), LEICA optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, laser autofocus & phase detection, 3X optical zoom, panorama, HDR, geo-tagging, face detection, touch focus,2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS) & 720p@960fps video recording|
|Features||f/2.0, HDR, autofocus, 1080p|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO QZSS|
|USB||v3.1, Type-C 1.0|